Monday, November 12, 2007

Last minute trip...

Thursday night while sitting on the couch watching The Office it dawns on Adam, he has to get his continuing education by December! The seminar he wants to go to in December is the weekend of the 1st, I quickly remind him he can't do that one because that's the weekend of Grolly's wedding! (Greg and Holly) So Friday he finds a seminar in Roanoke Virginia on rehab on Saturday! That's right folks the next day! So we quickly make plans to get down there Saturday and stay one night and come home after his class on Sunday. We called the hotel that the seminar was scheduled at and they tell us since there is a VT game we have to stay Friday and Saturday. Well that's wasn't going to work b/c we knew we would be at the office until 6:30 or so that night so we kept looking an ran across the Hotel Roanoke we booked a night and left early Saturday morning! We pull up to the hotel and Adam is like "this can't be right". I insist it is, it's a Double Tree and I remembered the picture. This place is awesome! We don't get to stay in nice hotels usually so this was a treat! I slept and watched TV all day Saturday while he was in class, lucky me! Sunday I went to the mall and drank some hot chocolate and read my Joyce Meyer's book, I Dare You. It was a nice relaxing weekend for me! We decided I needed to at least take some pictures and Adam had found a pamphlet on a natural bridge not to far away so we started driving. We drove and drove, 45 minutes later we arrive only to learn we have to pay $12.00 each and yes we are cheap so we laughed and said that's okay. We decided to head home. Here are some pictures from my not so creative trip!

No comments: